Wires are used across a wide range of applications. Therefore, wire charts used in the electronic industry vary in standards and content.
Wire selection criteria include:
• Conductor type (solid-core or stranded)
• Conductor strands (size, quantity, coated, or tinned)
• Insulating material and its dielectric strength, temperature rating, and fire resistance
• Where the wire is used (internal or external to the product)
• Whether the installation is factory-or field-wired
Telect offers a wire and fuse quick reference guide for helping identify the best wire size or fuse size for your application. The selection guide can be found below.