Some quick steps that can be done to verify if the Direct Air Cooled (DAC) fans are operating properly in your Telect IOE enclosure involve using the temperature probe (the black wire with a bulky end on it) to verify fan speed.
1. Verify all fuses are good in the GMT fuse module, and have not been blown
2. TEST FAN CONTROLLER 1:
- Verify both fan 1 and fan 2 (top two fans) are ON and fan 3 is OFF
- Hold the black Thermistor tightly in your hand, verify that both fan's speed up.
- Release the black Thermistor, verify that both fans speed returns to normal speed.
- Use a condensed air spray can to spray on Thermistor and verify 2 fans SHUT-OFF
Note: Fan speed changes are not instant and will take a few seconds to change speed.
3. TEST FAN CONTROLLER 2:
- Use a Heat Gun to warm up the Battery Temperature Probe.
- Verify Fan 3 is ON when temp reaches 40 degrees, current temperature can be seen in DC Tools on the Analog Input page.
- Remove the heat gun and verify Fan 3 returns to normal
- Hold the black Thermistor, verify that fan 3 speeds up.
- Release the black Thermistor, verifies that fan 3 speed returns to normal speed.
- Use a condensed air spray can to spray on Thermistor and verify fan 3 SHUTS-OFF